Sunday 14 June 2009

South Africa: Law and Disorder in Johannesburg

Following on from yesterday's post, I wanted to post the video for Louis Theroux's BBC documentary Law and Disorder in Johannesburg. As a South African (or even as an African) I often feel the hackles rise on the back of my neck when foreign journalists try to cover events in Africa or South Africa. This is a really good documentary though and I would say it is a fair representation of what is going on around Johannesburg.

What does this mean for the future of Johannesburg; for the country hosting the 2010 FIFA World Cup? It just means that crime is a problem there and that people are working overtime to make it better. An excellent blog about what they are doing to improve the situation in Johannesburg can be found at Johannesburg Daily Photo.

But for me personally, as a victim of violent crime and one of the one's left behind, I am glad that I live in UK now and I will not go back to live in South Africa until they bring the slaughter under control.

SHARE:

No comments

© A Passion to Understand

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig